Opera mini is the best Android browsing app that will save your data plan as well as execute tasks effectively. It is a safe and reliable browser that will easily let users download from social media and websites. The app has an appropriate ad blocker that blocks advertisements allowing Android surfers to enjoy the best experience. The app will also keep track of your data and any user can check on the savings in the settings menu to see how much data you saved.
The Opera Mini app is ideal for multitasking and users can keep lots of pages open with tabs at any single time no matter the internet connection. Users can also browse privately if you do not wish your browsing history to be unearthed by any party. Users can get the latest news according to preferred categories and you can also save your favorite sites for easy access. You can sync your different devices with the app to easily access any of your bookmarks or speed dial shortcuts.
Features of Opera Mini
- Facebook notification bar– the bar is found in the notification drawer and it will keep users up to date with the latest news and activity from your profile.
- Full web browsing experience-the app supports high compression mode for a full web experience while still providing data savings.
- Video download-the browser supports video downloads and if you are not ready to watch but you like the video you can tap the new download button and watch when you like.
- Automatically scans sites for movie and music downloads-this is found in the extreme mode where it will scan and let you know what is available without searching depending on each site you choose.
- The tabbed browsing-the app has no lags in tabbed browsing. A user can easily see an overview of all open tabs and easily differentiate between private and normal tabs.
- Night mode-users can dim the screen to reduce eye strain
- Save data– the app uses the least mobile data compared to other browsers. Users can also check daily savings and further stretch their personal data plan due to the savings aspect.
Tips and tricks of Opera mini
Sync whatever you like online
The feature of the app is appropriate for users who use more than one device to browse. With your opera account, users can pick up from right where you left even if your phone battery is dead.
The Opera mini app can download multiple files in the background and postpone downloading of larger files until a user is on Wi-Fi. It will also notify when downloads are complete. To enable latter downloads on Wi-Fi go to menu, then go to settings and tap on downloads. From this screen, select large downloads and tap on wait for Wi-Fi or tap on always ask before engaging on downloading content.
Save data by lowering the image quality
Images consume a lot of data and when you open some web pages, you find that the content consists entirely of images. To minimize data usage, you can turn off images or lower the quality loaded. This can be done by selecting the data savings option and then selecting image quality from the list of options given.
Single column mode
Switching to a single column view can save you a lot of headaches especially if you have a small screened phone. Switching to the single column mode will ensure that you do not have to scroll horizontally. To switch you just need to:
- Go to menu
- Choose setting
- Find the page layout
- Enable the single column view